Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know if a dealer can swap the camper mirrors from one truck to another? I've found a truck, but it only has the regular mirrors. Are there any aftermarket mirrors that are better than thr factory ones for a wide load? I will be hauling an enclosed trailer that is 8 ft wide and over 20 ft long on a regular basis.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know a fellow who was buying a Dodge and it had the regular mirrors and to get the deal they did a swap for him. I got the regular mirrors with clip on that I now use pulling my fiver and the nex one going to have the camping mirrors or I won't take it.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Do search for '06 vertical camping mirrors or just '06 mirrors. You'll find tons of info.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Normally, they don't like to swap by pulling parts off a new truck. The VIN and build sheet show exactly what was installed on the truck at the factory. The dealer will then have to get replacements for the new truck.

What you can do, however, is have the dealer get the parts and install them as part of the deal. Make sure they give you documentation on the swap.

I haven't found a good set of aftermarket mirrors that are as good as the factory ones.

Good luck with the mirrors!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the camper mirrors were only available on 2006 model trucks right. Those trucks are LBZ and LLY trucks, right. So why was the topic moved from the LBZ/LLY section? I posted there because it gets more traffic than the exterior area and it pertained directly LBZ/LLY trucks only.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Normally, they don't like to swap by pulling parts off a new truck. The VIN and build sheet show exactly what was installed on the truck at the factory. The dealer will then have to get replacements for the new truck.

What you can do, however, is have the dealer get the parts and install them as part of the deal. Make sure they give you documentation on the swap.
The more I look at this truck, the more I realize I will have to order to get exactly what i want. I want an LT1 with camper mirrors, fifth wheel wiring provisions, redundant radio controls, and trailering equipment. I want nothing less or more.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The more I look at this truck, the more I realize I will have to order to get exactly what i want. I want an LT1 with camper mirrors, fifth wheel wiring provisions, redundant radio controls, and trailering equipment. I want nothing less or more.
cgreen,

Not a bad idea. However, you are only a few days away from being able to order what you want before the factory won't accept any more orders for current year production.

How about having the dealer do a search for a vehicle with the options you want and work out a swap for it from their inventory with the other dealer? Alternately, you could go to the manufacturer's website and configure the truck and do a search yourself.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have the camper mirrors on my 06 crew cab. My camp trailer is about
8' 3" wide and I can see around it realy well. A couple of comments though.

#1) The mirrors lock into an indent which is a little too forward which barely leaves enough adjustment availible so I can see down the side of the truck well. ( I will ask the dealer if the indent can be adjusted somehow).

#2) When the mirrors arepulled out, the botton manually adjusted mirror will need to be adjusted so you can see the trailer tires.

The mirrors offer great visabilty, do not shake or vibrate and are very easy to extend.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cgreen, posted to you on other post, several trucks here in the conyers, covington area, 3500 cc drw, been on lot for quite some time, may be a good deal to be had.
If you are looking for lt1 only i would try gmbuypower.com you can see every truck that is available in the southeast using their expanded search.
You could also try dealer that sells commercial fleet, several in the atlanta and north ga. area. If i can help at all please let me know. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is what I had to do. Your description sounds just like the truck I ordered. I added 6 CD changer radio, auto temp controll, fog lamps. My truck is scheduled to be built tomorrow (TPW 3-20).

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
They will tell you it will cost you major dollars. They have to replace wiring harnesses, switches, relays, the whole deal. I found a truck i LOVED before i ordered my LBZ and my dealer said it should be a simple swap but when we walked down to service/parts the manager threw a fit and said it was not possible and even if it was it would cost way to much. I guess he either never did one or just didn't feel like being responsible for a swap out problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The more I look at this truck, the more I realize I will have to order to get exactly what i want. I want an LT1 with camper mirrors, fifth wheel wiring provisions, redundant radio controls, and trailering equipment. I want nothing less or more.[-:t /quote] You want exactly what i got:exactly:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts