Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Chevy 2500HD with the extending camper style mirrors. My first set shook so bad at idle that I could not make a person's face in the vehicle behind me at a stop sign. Now the second set works fine at idle, but shake at highway speeds.

Has anyone else had problems with these mirrors shaking?

Thanks,

·
Registered
612 Posts
Don't think shaking that much is normal. The ttt's I put on my '02 are solid and I have a friend who recently bought an '03 2500 with extending camper mirrors. He seems to be well pleased with his and I can assure you that if he wasn't, everybody in this part of the country would know it
.... Jim

·
Registered
53 Posts
I likewise have the 03 with the camper mirrors. I do not have any shake at idle or moving.

the only issue I have had is that the right would not always activate. Dealer replace and now the driver side does not always move out. Need to go back and get it changed.

Richard

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I installed those mirrors on my truck....obviously you tightened the 3 bolts that hold them on?

If not...there is a plastic cover that pops off and three bolts that you can tighten.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I had my factory power extend mirrors in to tighten my clutches since they were slipping a bit causing them to not work at times. Before I took it into the dealer I had a slight shake at idel in passager and fine going down the road. Driver side was fine all the time. Now I have a slight shake at idel in the drivers mirror(highway or above idel it clears up) and the passanger side is rock steady except once I hit the highway.
WTF??? I figure one of these days I will try to see if I can take it apart and tighten things up a bit but it really isnt that bad or on my list of priorities. It is vibrating in the mirror....the housing is fine. So I would say there is something you can tighten since when the dealer took mine apart it altered things. I rather have the shake at idle since at least I can whack the gas and its not fuzzy anymore

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
rmjdmax Sounds like your clutches are toast or just need tightening(if you catch it early) Have em try tightening it and you should be ok. There is a lenghty post on the other site titled "who hasnt had problems with the factory mirrors" or something to that effect.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ratlover,

My mirror is very similar. It does fine at idle and shakes at highway speeds. The housing is also rock-solid and the mirror itself is what is shaking.

I will take them apart and see what is inside.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My lucerix mirrors shake like a leaf when I'm on the highway.

I'll try taking them apart over the weekend since the driver side does not shake as bad as the passenger side.

Hopefully there is an adjustment to tighten it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ratlover

Stopped at the dealer to schedule a fix and they ordered another new one and will call when it is in.

They have had so many, they are just going to replace it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I just had mine replaced because of not extending but both sets are rock solid. Even extended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts