Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a JPS back-up bracket camera and interface to go with my H2 Navi system. My cousin hooked it up for me today and it works good but when I start the truck it has horizontal lines in the image. Not bad but noticeable. He said the Diesel engines cause that... that it does the same thing on his aftermarket flip down DVD system. Is this true? Do any of you with back-up cameras notice the picture lose clarity when the engine is on?

I also managed to scratch the clear glass lens on the camera. Not bad but it has two small blurry spots. Anything I can do? I was going to call JPS to see if I could get another lens cover.

Thanks, John

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Run your video feed lines in a different location. You have them installed too close to a power lead, and you are getting electrical interference.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
TheBac;1564491; said:
Run your video feed lines in a different location. You have them installed too close to a power lead, and you are getting electrical interference.
yup, what he said. It's not the Duramax.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
You need to get reistor plugs and suppression wires. Oh, wait....nevermind. If moving the wires doesn't help, try a snap on RF filter over the lead wire.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Probally setting next to a wire of high amperage.Maybe a capicator in line will absorb the interference.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Timberwolf530;1565650; said:
You need to get reistor plugs and suppression wires. Oh, wait....nevermind. If moving the wires doesn't help, try a snap on RF filter over the lead wire.
:lol: You remember those days too, eh?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spoke to Brian from JPS about the camera lens. Basically I would have to pay cost $125.00 for a new camera. However, the lens is not glass and can be buffed and or polished out. He said that it's most likely interference from the 12v power or ground sources for the PCII interface. He didn’t think it would be the Video cable since its shielded. What do you guys think?

It really not too bad just loses some quality when the engine is started. I'll have to trouble shoot it. As too the lens I have to have my painter do some touch up so ill ask him to polish out.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
BigSilly;1566397; said:
Spoke to Brian from JPS about the camera lens. Basically I would have to pay cost $125.00 for a new camera. However, the lens is not glass and can be buffed and or polished out. He said that it's most likely interference from the 12v power or ground sources for the PCII interface. He didn’t think it would be the Video cable since its shielded. What do you guys think?

It really not too bad just loses some quality when the engine is started. I'll have to trouble shoot it. As too the lens I have to have my painter do some touch up so ill ask him to polish out.
Maybe your ground, just like an improperly setup audio system, you'll get "noise" that rises with the acceleration of your vehicle, a noise surpressor or such would help. You're probably getting the interference through your shared grounding. Kinda like you would need an isolated ground, which would be kinda hard to do on a vehicle I would think.
I would say make sure your ground is not ok but GOOD and maybe even install a "noise surpressor" or whatever the hell it's called.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a local shop look at everything and he said "it's your system". It's not the Video line because I pluged in my camcorder to the PC2 Interface and it does the same thing. It's really not even noticable unless you turn off the truck then the image is a little cleaner without the faint horizontal lines. Maybe I'm just being too picky...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts