Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Caltracs tractions bars and love them at the track, but hate them everywhere else. squeek, squeek, squeek.......anyone find a remedy for this? or an equivelent bushing mounted traction system? maybe a bolt-on ladder bar of some sort?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Where is the noise coming from? Mine don't make any noise at all. I did grease them quite a bit when I did the install and I hit them every so often with a blast of white lithium spray grease. Nice and quiet.....

I don't know of any viable alternative's for the HD's that work as well as the Tracs either.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
moregrip, I'm gonna move this over to suspension. I think you will get more traffic over there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the noise coming from? Mine don't make any noise at all. I did grease them quite a bit when I did the install and I hit them every so often with a blast of white lithium spray grease. Nice and quiet.....

I don't know of any viable alternative's for the HD's that work as well as the Tracs either.
Hey brother, long time no talk, how are things going?

All over man. Those things are noisy sum *****es. Most of the noise seems to be coming from the side plates rubbing against the leaf springs. The rest comes from the large bolt above the the leaf pack banging down on it after the suspension has been compressed:(

any help or advice IS GREATLY appreciated:ro)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I use some stuff called White Lighting, it was used to lube the chain on my mountain bike. It comes in a little bottle and goes on went to get in all the little spots, but ends up dry so no oily, sticky mess. I'll give it a shot every oil change or so.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use some stuff called White Lighting, it was used to lube the chain on my mountain bike. It comes in a little bottle and goes on went to get in all the little spots, but ends up dry so no oily, sticky mess. I'll give it a shot every oil change or so.
LMFAO! Sweeet!:ro) I have a can of White Lightning too! Only used on my mountain bike chain as well. Does this quiet them up quite a bit then?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yep! Just squirt a little on each hiem jount and I try to get some on each side of the bushing. Does the trick for me!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've found that White Lightning works well on crusted over knife blades too. It is designed to shed dirt when it dries into a wax. Just a little FYI :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I need to get to work:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts