Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I need to help my brother-in-law move back to Michigan. I guess my question is does anyone know where I can rent an enclosed car hauler? I am thinking I will need about a 20 to 24 footer, I need to be able to fit a late 90's 2wd Ford explorer, couch,bedroom furniture, and a few boxes! so he claims. I live in the GrandRapids area and will need the trailer for approximately 2 days. If anyone knows of such a place your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I live in Bay City and was looking for the same thing this summer to bring a car home from the U.P. I had no luck... seems no one wants to rent it to you because it may overload your vehicle..... There are a few idiots out there that would try to hook that trailer up to thier geo tracker.... best of luck.... and if you find one let me know......

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a trailer.
It is a 24ft. Featherlite with 4800# axles. I found this trailer at Holland Trailer ph#616-396-6084. The cost is $50.00 per day plus tax, not a bad deal in my opinion. I rented it for the 12th thru the 14th. I will be leaving for Columbia,SC. on the night of the 11th and should roll into SC at about 9:00 am on the 12th and should be loaded up and on my way home by 11:00 am and hopefully will be back home around 3:00am on the 13th.
I have not made a red eye run like this since I quit running the west coast 3 years ago.
I am looking forward to stretching the old Duramax's legs out on her maidin voyage. Any tips you might have on the way she might handle or any quirks I should expect would be welcome.
Edited by: SteelMastiff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts