Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Do away with the rules

Votes: 10 11.9%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Rules To Join too difficult to follow? Should we even have rules?

I thought it would be nice to have a simple outline of how to introduce yourselves and your trucks. Before I posted them, the requests seemed to be so abbreviated and "matter of fact", almost to the point of disrespectful.

I thought the few listed "requirements" would be simple enough to understand and follow. Not once did I think they would offend or upset anyone that was encouraged to follow them.

So, do we need to keep and follow (enforce) them, change or re-word them, or just do away with them?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry... that's only because I haven't read them yet... just got my truck and need to get pics.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please, I do appreciate all opinions, but right now I'm really looking for input just from club members.

·
Ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
4,261 Posts
Keep and enforce the rules. If someone can't follow a few simple steps without being belligerent or disrespectful then, IMO, they don't possess the qualities to make them a wanted/accepted member of the club. One thing that would make this club or any club go downhill fast is a membership full of individuals that can not/choose not to abide by the rules and regulations.
:beerchug:

·
Registered
118 Posts
What concerns me more, is that there are close to 800 members, and only 10 replied to the poll...

... Keep em the same and enforce.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I say keep the rules.

But, maybe put a 'link' or stickie type setup on each page of the Dually thread. Then when a new person reads it, they'll know to go to the stickie about the rules.
The Dually thread is at 35 pages now. If someone just goes to the last page of it, they have no clue as to the rules on how to join.

:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Keep the rules.

It is not hard to post pictures and form a complete sentence requesting to join the club.

We all did it...

BTW, you are doing a great job, don't let a few individuals upset you, it is not worth it, life is too short.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Keep em.......the 7** before them followed the rules, why change now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Club will not work unless it has rules!!!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't remember

ever reading them. Where are they posted

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Follow the link in my signature.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I say keep them and enforce them, Respect seems to be a disappearing virtue as it is, we don't need to lose it here!

·
Registered
72 Posts
A purpose of the forum and clubs is to help out a brother, so courtesy is a must first.
If someone errors then correct them politely, we all slip sometimes.
However belligerence deserves no such courtesy.

Seeing as how the rules are not terribly demanding they should be kept and abided by.

That being said, I did not read them when I first asked to join as I too jumped to the last page. However if you had asked me to comply I most certainly would have and would also have been sorry for the oversight.

My $.02

·
Registered
242 Posts
Keep the rules, seems simple enough to me!
:duh:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The rules look straight forward to me. Keep them in place.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
This is the one point that America has forgotten. You will never please everyone. Don't try to please everyone. Our group works well. Granted, I really have never done anything for the group, but I am a member. If an individual wants to join, then that individual should be able to follow a few simple rules.

If they don't have a digital camera, then send some pics to one of us members and we can very easily scan them in. We will accomodate future members if they need it. That's why we're here. That's what we do.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
X2 on keep the rules.

·
Registered
328 Posts
STPETEBLUE,
Rules are a necessary evil in most any situation.
Not every one likes them but with out them we have total caos.:badidea:
You do a great job with this club.
I have been a member for some time now and it has worked out fine as is.
Hang in there man :ro) , Theres a new generation of Duramax owners coming on and they need to respect the rules.
Just My 2 cents......

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.