Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 LBZ GOING DOWN ROAD 65 TO 70 ON A REALY WINDY DAY MAN IT LOOKS AS IF MY DAM HOOD IS GET'EN AIR UNDER IT AN FLOP'EN / MOVE'EN UP AND DOWN ON THE FRNT DRVRS SIDE????:eek: :help: I CHECK IT AN ITS LATCHED GOOD. CANT MOVE ANYTHING BY HAD. NOW HAVE 4800 MILES ON IT FIRST NOTICE WAS 2DAY WINDY DAY.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My 71 Challenger used to do that, but then again that was at 135mph :ro)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Check to see that the hood supports are touching the underside of the hood when closed. Adjust them by screwing them out untill they touch. You should be able to tell if they are touching by looking under hood where they come to rest.The rubber stoppers should leave a mark

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
:agreed:
Check to see that the hood supports are touching the underside of the hood when closed. Adjust them by screwing them out untill they touch. You should be able to tell if they are touching by looking under hood where they come to rest.The rubber stoppers should leave a mark
This will keep the hood tight and from moving around.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I've seen bugshields/deflectors cause this also.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone 4 ur feedback / will try i'd say ur all rite

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Strange , strange indeed:eek:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Check those rubber bumpers and when you get the height you want and hood looks nice and tight you can use another nut to lock it in place. I adjusted mine a few times and they would eventually loosen for some reason. I think I used a 10mm nut and tightened it down to where the hood bumper threads in to lock it in.:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
again thanks ya'll this place is really somethen else. a lot of info here.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I've checked my rubber stops and the hood moves and rattles up & down anytime you get over 85mph..

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've checked my rubber stops and the hood moves and rattles up & down anytime you get over 85mph..
That doesn't suprise me with all the extra air going under the truck from the lift and 35's.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Putting on and taking off the winter cover loosened mine, I noticed.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
That doesn't suprise me with all the extra air going under the truck from the lift and 35's.
Now that could very well be.!!I'll have to look into that.:exactly:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts