Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would rather have the bench seat in my truck. I have the LT model that has the center console. I like it alright but its nothin but a glorified junk holder. I think bench seats make the truck feel less cramped. Plus its nice to have an extra lil seat if the need ever arises. Anyways, I guess what Im askin is, How hard would it be to convert to the bench seat? Im gonna take a stab at it and say it would be a real PITA. Just wondering if anyones ever attempted the conversion from bench to bucket seats or vice versa.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Well you're not crazy. I would love for GM to offer a full power heated bench on the SLT's or whatever they are now. I just can't get used to those little sticks they call armrests...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I was thinking of the same thing. But inside the console is Bose amp and bunch of stuff. Just pull up on the cup holders in the console and peek in there....good hiding place ):h

Were would all go??? Maybe it's not worth it with a SLT???

·
Registered
734 Posts
Do a search on the topic...it has been done, as well as bench to console conversion. It would be pretty easy i imagine.

On a bench seat setup can you lift the center of the seat up to store stuff?? (similar to a dodge cummins)

thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Done it . . . went from console to flip down console seat; it was somewhat a PITA (not the work, as I paid the dealer to do it), but it was worth it . . . 4 kids & all . . . and you still have some storage space in the flip dowm console . .

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it would be a great idea for gm to start doing it...Ford and dodge offer leather flip down center consoles, crazy that gm doesn't offer the same thing.

·
Registered
751 Posts
centerconsole

The center console in my truck flips down. I also have a buddy with an 04 x-cab that has a fold down. There are three seat belts up front just like a bench. If it wasn't for the shifter three people could sit up front.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I like the bucket seats, thats why I bought my truck. Ill give you a hand if you want to do it. Ive had my console apart so i know whats in there. You have an aftermarket head unit. Do you have the bose sub?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the bucket seats, thats why I bought my truck. Ill give you a hand if you want to do it. Ive had my console apart so i know whats in there. You have an aftermarket head unit. Do you have the bose sub?
Where is the bose sub located? I still got the stock door speakers and everything, but a different head unit and a 15" sub. Mine has the tweeters on the pillar, speakers in the front doors and speakers in the back doors.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm in the middle of the conversion TO a center console FROM the fold down middle/bench seat. I already have the console but am in need of the lower dash piece(s) for the total factory look. I may have some things you need! I have a CHARCOAL interior on my 2005. Let me know...color is important.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
My 03 had the stiff center seat instead of a fold down. I found one on ebay at a good price and installed it yesterday. I now have the stiff back which has the interior color code of 69I as the interior is called dark charcoal. The hardest thing I found looking is to find fabric that will match what you have. They must have had several cloth patterns and still called them charcoal or dark charcoal.
But I do have a NON FOLDING seat to get rid of now.

Phillip
03 DA with 12K miles on it. I luv my truck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts