Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in any California LLY's running the boost stick. Any reviews? Installation tips? Photos? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I have a CA LLY. I was running the Boost Stick for quite a while and never had any problems whatsoever. It was an excellent addition to the truck and complimented the Predator 2.02 very well. As for installation, once you locate the plug it isnt very difficult. Youve got to look for that plug though and even though its right in front of you it can easily escape your sight. Some remove the A/C compressor, I did not. I suggest tackling the job with a long screwdriver and a wire hanger. And those are my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
371 Posts
:exactly:

·
Registered
593 Posts
the b/s works great i really noticed a difference in performance with it.
where in so cali six pack if your close to me let me know if you need help installing it.
rob

·
Registered
274 Posts
We had problems on the CA emissions 05 with the first version of the Boost Stick. But the new version works perfectly!
Well done Fingers!

·
Registered
65 Posts
How in the heck did you guys get the extention cable into the sensor plug?!

=)

Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
How in the heck did you guys get the extention cable into the sensor plug?!

=)

Thanks
I had a friend help me with a screwdriver. As I lined up the extension, he used a screwdriver to put it in, kinda PITA!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
:exactly: I'm glad I had a bud around to help.

·
Registered
259 Posts
So far so good. Seems to have better responce.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Been running mine over a month with no issues. Turbo kicks in nice and early up to about 32lbs. I like it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have read here that the inreased power output is similar to going up one level on the edge. Would everybody recommend that those with a stock transmission not exceed level 2 on the edge? The boost stick will lower EGT's right.... especially while loaded and pouring on the fuel? For those that do have the tranny built, (as I am plannning soon) how does the B.S. act when run with a stack? Edge/pred.or V.A. for example, other than the possible need for a lift pump.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh yeah... And one other question. Can the Boost Stick be disabled with a switch so that in the event it becomes "necessary" a proper smoke screen can be laid down?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts