Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the calibration ID page, lets say you have two operating sysytems with the same ID but lets say one of the others is diferent like the speedometer. Would there be any problems loading that program in a different vehicle? I think the diference was tire size but what if the engine or fuel system ID's were diferent? But same type of vehicle.

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
Not sure what you are trying to do. If the differences are minimal, the simple answer is to use compare mode and move the changes over. This will ensure that all will be well.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what you are trying to do. If the differences are minimal, the simple answer is to use compare mode and move the changes over. This will ensure that all will be well.
I was just looking at two different 04 LB7 stock tunes and one had a different speedo ID# I was just wondering if it would be safe to load in case an origanal tune was lost. Or what if one of the other ID's were diferent like fuel system or something else. Just a general question no real reason behind it.
Thanks Robert

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
I think it would work, but you'd have to ask Ross or Paul. I'd suggest backing up the correct tune to a CD or something for security if you are concerned. Retreiving the correct calibration should also be simple for a guy with a Tech 2 also. Also, chances are, someone (I'm pretty sure that I do) would have a matching setup tune.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I was just looking at two different 04 LB7 stock tunes and one had a different speedo ID# I was just wondering if it would be safe to load in case an origanal tune was lost. Or what if one of the other ID's were diferent like fuel system or something else. Just a general question no real reason behind it.
Thanks Robert
I see where you are coming from.
Safe to do yes, correct, no. Reason being is some trucks will have C.A emissions levels, then looking at the speedo section, some have different tire sizes, speed limiters etc.
So flashing in a great tune from someone in C.A into a Federal truck might not be a good idea, that also applies the other way around.

Cheers,
Ross

1 - 6 of 6 Posts