Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know there were a few threads on this topic and I can't seem to find them when I search. I'm tired of the leaking and wanted to replace the roof lights with something nicer, LED maybe tinted to match my side markers but seems that no one makes anything that will fit. Only thing I find is the newer Chevy cab lights that are the bar and two tear drops which won't covers the holes of course.
Anyone have any luck?

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
427 Posts
The 07 and newer use an LED bulb that is an easy upgrade. Just besure not to tighting the little srews to much, this is what casues the leaking. Newer stlye cab lights would look a lot better over all though. Recon sells clear and smoked lenses for the OE style.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea, the side markers and rear sections I bought are from Recon and wanted matching smoked the roof mounts but they only have a listing for the newer style with the solid center, too much work to get that on so I'll have to keep looking for replacement smoked or clears for the older. Drop in LED bulbs are an option, I need at the least then new gaskets for my current ones so they stop leaking :eek::

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gm had a service bulletin on the cablights and where replacing them for free. I got all new lenses and screws. The screws have little o-rings on them if you want to try just that.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know thanks, I'll look into that....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine were replaced by GM under warranty

Just got mine back from the dealer Monday - but it has not rained yet, so I do not know if this resolved the issue or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.