Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the lead.

Do they leak? Does it interfere with the Onstar or XM attennas? How hookie is the toggle switch inside the cabin? I want to keep the factory look. Can anyone who has factory lights tell me where the switch is?

Thanks,

·
Registered
958 Posts
The factory cab lights look good, I couldn't find a good deal on them when I was shopping so I bought this instead:

It's made by Lund, called the Moonvisor. Search on google and you'll find cheap prices for them, the only drawback is that you will get some extra wind noise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Desiel Newbie

No they have not leaked, I have seen them on trucks with Onstar and XM radio. My 91 has them on and they still work and have not leaked. I tapped into the wire assembly that feeds power to my trailer brake controller and this provides full function without a switch. The kit had all the necessary parts. PM me and I will give you details on the install if you decide to add them.

Engineer Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your post EngineerBill! I would not have known about this site without your post!

No they will not leak if they are installed properly! They come with a switch but we wire them to the parking light circut when we do an install in our shop.

David www.etruckaccessories.comEdited by: etruckaccessories-guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Newbie,I bought an 04 in Sept off the lot,everything i would have ordered except the cab lights were on it. I also got the extended warranty(bumper to bumper). I asked the dealer where I bought it what the lights would costs as a dealer installed option, he said $350.00. I also asked if it would affect the warranty if I installed my own, and he said if something shorted out it probably would and they would be looking for a way out of paying. I passed since I did not like the looks of the one piece center light anyway,a couple of weeks later I took one of my employers chevy trucks to a small dealer(Chev) near where I work and I mentioned this to their service manager, he said he had a company in town who's owner didn't want the triple light either and so he would have the 2001 set installed at the dealership when his trucks arrived, This dealer charged $300.00 and all warranties stayed valid, again I will send a pic when the weather clears but it all depends how much you want to spend on appearance, it was worth it to me, also the truck runs great I had a 93 6.2 that I traded and the differance is Awesome...

·
Registered
23 Posts

Still Cloudy so here's the best I can do digital, you will notice I put steps and a folding hard cover so I can pull my 30ft 5th wheel.So far, So good. Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responces guys. I think I am gonna save up the cash and get the dealer to install them on my first service I take it in for. I love the big center light and really want the factory appearance. I am somewhat mechanical but i am scared to go drilling in the roof and hacking up the inside. I know the dealer is going to do the same thing but I really don't want to see Brutus opened up during surgery. Thanks Again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts