Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I just bought a 2015 2500hd 6.6. I just noticed that the factory cab lights are not working and I’ve came to realize that the cab lights will flicker with the left turn signal. I’ve tried to follow the wires and everything looks untouched to my knowledge. Has anyone else experienced this or might know what could be causing this issue?

·
Administrator
20,260 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado 2500 HD 6.6 Duramax LTZ
703 Posts
Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
1997 Grumman Olson 12 ft step van, NA 6.5 diesel (RPO L57), 4L80E transmission
34 Posts
The manual be useful, but doesn't help you troubleshoot.

What you seek is where the dome light circuit is in physical proximity to the left turn signal switched 12 volts. Whatever happened to join these two circuits had to happen where they are close to each other.

A couple possible causes for the unwanted current are: mechanical damage to wiring, or corrosion at some point with a lot of circuits, such as a wiring harness or the fuse block. Another possible cause is modifications gone wrong.

I try to consider the whole system, and after physical inspection, form an idea of the most likely cause of the fault to choose where to begin troubleshooting. You have a tricky problem here, because you may have to isolate sections of circuitry to find the fault. Locating an intermittent bridge is no small task, and will require close attention to detail to solve it.

Opening wire looms to chase wires. Not so fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts