Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006, 2500 HD LS, and had it in the dealer a few months ago, because after a good rain, if truck is parked on level ground (not my driveway), I would have a puddle of rain on drivers side floor. The headliner, under the drivers visor (top left side), is wet, and it runs down by the parking brake and pools up in a small puddle.

Had it into the dealer, and they said it was the XM Radio antenna, resealed it, and haven't had much rain to look and see if it leaks. Yesterday, had some good rain, and same story, puddled up on drivers side floor.

No cab lights on top, have sunroof, not leaking from there at all.

Any ideas?

Chris

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
mines doing the same exact thing...i think it might be coming from the windshield seal......do a search for leaky windshield and see what comes up.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i had this problem once, but on a half ton, the third brake light was the problem. it is a one piece unit ,i don't know if u can just change the gasket. the water might be running to the front along the headliner... just a thought

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a 03 1500 that the windshield wasn't sealed properly on and did the same thing. They resealed it and never had a problem again and my dad is still drinving it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My truck is in the shop right now for the same thing. This is the third time in 2 months. :mad:
At first it was wet headliner, front R and L floorboards. They replaced sunroof track. Still leaked but now only on L floorboard and horrible wind noise. So they adjusted it.... wind noise gone but still leaking to L floorboard. :confused: Now it's back again. He called today and said they fixed the sunroof drain tubes, changed weather stripping (not sure where yet) and still have a leak but can't find it. He also said the sunroof actuator stopped working so it was stuck half open. Now they have to wait for the part and hopefully figure this thing out. We'll see what happens

·
Registered
584 Posts
Bummer. Id say the window but it shouldnt touch the head linear. Id put some electrical tape around the XM antenna and hose it dow see if it leaks. Do the same for the window. Alot faster than taking it to the dealer. :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got mine back from the dealer today. Mine was leaking from the sunroof drain tubes (because they were kinked), sunroof track (replaced twice) and he said there is a screw in the A-pillar that is supposed to be sealed and it wasn't so it was leaking from there also.

navybowhunter -
The drain tubes run from the sunroof down the A-pillars and outside. If they're not connected the water can run the same path (just outside the tube) I'd pull down the headliner and check the tubes and maybe you should check under your A-pillar to see if it's coming from there also???

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Mine does this too. Not as bad as yours. I don't get a puddle, but it drips down my windshield. It's strange becuase if it is pouring rain, I don't get the leak, but if it is just drizzling it does.

·
Registered
110 Posts
mine has been at the dealer 3 times and it still leaks from the rt side sunvisor mount and drips on the dash. it leaks more if the truck is parked up hill. Of course now the warranty is expired. And to think I waited months for the sunroof

·
Registered
401 Posts
i had that problem after three times to dealer it was the sunroof tubes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine happened to be the left sunroof tube. Unreal. I had no time for dealer to fix last time, and took in yesterday, they had the glass repair guy, remove windshield moldings (or whatever they are called), and it looked good, the glass guy then looked under headliner, and found sunroof tube, where it hooks into an elbow, disconnected.

So...how hard will it be to find this myself if it happens again?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax and it turned out to be the plastic panel covering the fan/fresh air intake on the passenger side just under the windshield wiper cowling. The seal on it was bad and dripping into the fan box. You can use this video on how to take the cowling loose.
The panel covering the fresh air box has plastic clips inside and comes off with a screw driver. Make sure to not break off the 6 clips. Just siliconed the seal and reinstalled everything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts