Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and have never had to post a thread before, so I hope this works. My name is Mike and I live in southern NH. I own a trucking and excavation company and it was time to purchase a service truck. I've always owned Chevy, so I knew I would stick with them even though they won't warranty an extended cab, duramax powered plow truck. I'm just hoping I won't be doing enough plowing to hurt the truck. Has any one out there had any problems doing commercial plowing with their trucks?

Anyway, I placed the order with Bank's Chevy of Concord NH. The cab is being built to order and should be here in about 5 weeks. It's a 4x4 extended cab dually with the Duramax engine and Allison tranny. I'm ordering an Omaha Standard 9' body for it. Once it's done, I'll post a few pictures of it.

After reading a couple of threads posted by different people, I was hoping some one out there would have a GMID coupon. Banks Chevy is willing to accept this and has priced the truck accordingly. I was surprised to see that the GMID price was only about $300 less than the invoice price. Does this sound right?

I'm looking forward to getting a hold of this new truck. It will be my first diesel powered pick up. I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Welcome :) and congrats on the new truck. :ro) You will love the diesel and there are several people here that plow commercially with thier trucks. Check out the forums ;) lots of good info.

·
Registered
98 Posts
WOW! 5 weeks for your truck? I Ordered my 06 GMC duramax extended cab & chassis 4x4 Jan 20 06 and i still do not have it. The Dealer at first told me 6-8 weeks and now its 10 weeks. It Suppose to come in March 27th
`I'm paying $34,900.00 for the GMC truck sle-1 package. duramax pw,pl, trailer mirrors, steering wheel controls,
I ordered a enclosed utility and that will not be in until may!
Looking for a used utility body or i might by a new open bed utility body till i get my enclosed body!

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you want to venture up to Gorham, Currier GMC will install a fisher plow and honor both the plow and Truck warrantys....

I had them install a 9' X-Blade on my Crewcab dually dmax.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome: from Florida.
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get your rig, go to "User CP", create a signature and list your truck options and any modifications so users can help you better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts