Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 C5500 with the 8.1 L18. I use it to haul my rock bouncer on the flat bed. The truck sits for long periods and I have always had to prime the fuel pump two to three times before cranking, otherwise it is a hard start.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

I regretfully used some ether to start it this last time and I had a back fire out of the intake. The air filter housing cracked, the endcap blew off, MAF became a cone, the connector tube between the MAF and TB split open at the rubber flex section AND my hood caught fire due to a wasp nest in the air duct which became saturated with ether……

What a mess.

Light Audio equipment Material property Gadget Circle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Fender Automotive exterior

The filter housing has multiple part numbers followed by RPO codes. There are four that are specific to the L18. There is also a +/- behind the part number along with K45. I do not have K45 on my RPO list on the drivers visor.

Rectangle Font Signage Parallel Number

Automotive tire Cylinder Tin Automotive wheel system Gas

15901067- K45 L18

15901068+ K45 L18

15901066- K45 L18

15901069+ K45 L18

I cannot figure out which one is correct. The closest I can find is the 15901066 from GMPartsGiant.com Their image of the item seems correct. Does anyone here have any insight that would help me solve this problem (aside from never using ether again)?

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
White Motor vehicle Organism Font Art
Font Rectangle Water Screenshot Circle

Pretty sure you can use either of part #1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That housing appears different than mine, similar to what I found on GMPartsGiant.com. It appears as though the inlet on the housing is in a different place. The end cap of the housing also has the air flow meter option. I see that 004 and 007 are listed for my truck though. What site is this from?

The one pictured in your schematic looks like 15901067:

Automotive design Rectangle Handwriting Art Font

Mine looks like 15901066 below:
Automotive tire Automotive design Font Auto part Automotive wheel system

However, 15901069 looks identical to 15901066, except for a $60 price difference. I may have to order it all piece by piece instead of an assembly. My concern with just ordering off the random site I found is the 20% restocking fee for returning an item and I’m not even sure if it is returnable because the assembly includes the MAF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts