Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through countless posts on the Predator, EGR Blocker Plate, and Turning OFF the EGR, but still have questions.

First the background: I have purchased a Predator 2.02. I have installed EGT and Boost Gauges, and I'm making a few runs to determine the EGT, Boost, and performance before making any changes (uploading a Tow Tune).

Now the Questions:

1. Is anyone out there running the Predator TOW Tune on their C4500 LLY/LRX?

2. If so, are there any issues that I need to be aware of?

3. Has anyone installed and EGR Blocker Plate on their C4500 LLY/LRX?

4. If so, was it needed to circumvent codes, or just to clean up the engine?

5. While I can find numerous pictures of the EGR Blocker Plate installation on the standard LLY, I cannot find any pictures for the LLY/LRX in the C4500. Our engine looks completely different than the standard LLY. Does anyone have pictures of the location of the EGR Assembly on the C4500 LLY/LRX?

6. I've read that the Predator can "turn off" the EGR, but do not see that option on my Predator. Does that option only appear when a Tune is uploaded?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We have it easy , to install the blocker plate all you have to do is remove the dog house in the cab of the truck. When you remove the cover it is right in front of you on the pass. side of the cab.:) I am using a blocker plate and have removed the pcv system and vented it to the atmosphere. If you look in the intake you will see why alot of people have done this. If you california truck you will set codes, if you have fed truck you will set soft codes that will not turn the check engine light on but they will be in history on the computor. You can use a finger stick to block the codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts