Diesel Place banner

C3500HD Questions

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  JSarge 
#1 ·
Hey all

I have a few questions. Information on the GMT-455 3500-HD trucks is limiting on the net'

I scrolled across https://www.tradecraftspecialties.com/3500hd and read just about everything.

I'd like to know if there is any easy way to tell what wheel base length a truck is by looking at pictures, so i can figure what my bed body options would be for said truck.

Im hoping what im looking at would accept an 11'4 CM bed properly. I will upload a photo of the truck, it currently has a dump bed which will be removed (unknown exact size of the bed)

Id appreciate any advice!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Car

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Plant Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

See less See more
#2 ·
What year is it? Cab & Chassis models should have available wheelbase info online

#3 ·
It's a '97. Just confirmed that dump bed is 10 foot. Im looking at the CM 'SS' flat bed body in 11'4". I assume they are built to order.

Reactions: OkDually
#6 ·
I definitely plan to treat and undercoat the frame. The truck has been in FL its whole life, not sure of what they had in the dump bed tho. Mostly surface rust, no real rot.

Still trying to figure out the easiest way to determine whether or not this thing is a 159.5" or 183.5" wheel base. I know its not 135.5" cause its not a stubby.
Any RPO codes in the glovebox? Those codes may shed some light or run the VIN by any local GM dealer and they should be able to tell you

#7 ·
Any RPO codes in the glovebox? Those codes may shed some light or run the VIN by any local GM dealer and they should be able to tell you
The truck is about 100 miles from me, and truthfully im doing my best to determine if the chassis is desirable before i even take the time to go over there. I will ask for some RPO's, however will likely be wednesday before that happens due to the owner not being in town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.