Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing the Transgo shift kit on my 03 duramax, later in this spring when it warms up. I am going to order stock c1, and c2 clutches to put back in. I was just wondering how hard is it to replace the C3? I have a allision training video and that shows it is one of the last things out of the transmission when removed from the tail of the tranny. Is there an easier way to replace the c3 or should i even worry about it?

Another thing, when I remove the bellhousing I know not to move or pull on the shaft because of the lube holes could become miss alligned. Is there any other little tricks that I should know before I start this project?

I'll be running the TST Comp with 4" exhaust and stage II I have just upgraded to the comp version I use to have the powermax and I have slipped the tranny in 5th going down the road empty with the power turned up (I believe 3-4 times).

Thanks for any help,

Jon

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Jon

The C3s load from the front. They are very easy to install but you must know how to stack them. I will be happy to talk you through it on the phone when you get ready. It only took PEANUTGRWR a few minutes with a little help from me. It will be a big help to you if you can stand the Ally on its tail.

mike

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike,

I'll have to take you up on that when I get started. I think as of now were hoping to have the hoist and everything ready to start on March 13th, I believe that's a saturday as far as pulling it out. If you could you could PM me your phone number.

I am going to be making a jig to hold the tranny on a motor stand, I saw one on here that was made by "kent moore" i believe in some pics of installing the transgo kit. So I should be able to stand the tranny on it's tail.

Thanks again

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts