Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My questions is, If I keep driving with a C3 which is going bad can I damage anything else? I have the TTS TC and Trans Go Shift Kit.

I don't race or hot rod. THough spring is coming and I'll be towing 13k around once every month.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
How do you know your C3 is going bad? Did you abuse it before the TTS converter and transgo?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I limped it home Friday afternoon after accellerating up to 70 mph on the interstate. I spoke with Mike L. after having the codes read and it was his opinion after hearing it threw a 735 or incorrect gear 5 ratio, that the C3s were bad or going bad. I should have changed the OEM clutches but I thought they would be OK. If I knew then that changing them would hanlded everything that I would throw at them would be OK I would have.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike can you PM me on the cost for Suncoast 3 clutches. Do thing those will be more than I need. I am only going to use the predator. I tow heavy 13k excluding truck every month during the spring summer and fall.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I don't think you can just buy the SC c3s. I still think someone needs to look inside your Ally and see what was done and what was not done. From what you told me of your driving habits and power, this trans should not have limped.
mike

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think I should have the same guys look at it that installed it? I don't know of anybody else here in OMaha that does this. And I certainly can't drive it to CA.

Can't I buy a complete clutch kit and replace all of them with their SC3s

I have been getting on it a little more to see if I can make limp again and have been unable to do so.

any chance this was just a fluke one time thing?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Sea Wizard, PM JakeGMCHD. Last I heard from him, he had a good used set of SC stage 3 clutches for sale.

Stock clutches from Allison for a set of C3 friction and steels are under $60.00. Full C1-C4 around $200.00

But like Mike said, sounds like you might have other problems. Should've held at your power level.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't get it to duplicate the problem again. I would think that if I had other problems it would start showing up more. I had the TC & Shift kit installed in Oct. this is the first time I have ever had a problem and I can't get it to duplicate again. and I am trying

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
the tcm sensed a slip in the clutches, so I dunno it's always possible that the tcm went a little screwy, but who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts