Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get a c/v driveline for my 08 silverado hd?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Try the Cognito website.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Pro Comp part # is 51248

Don't get the 51246 as it'll hit the transmission linkage

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is for the front driveline and I need the rear. I t is about 86 inches long.

Thanks
Walter

·
Registered
425 Posts
O crap, sorry, I just assumed you meant the front b/c of the lift. What's wrong w/ your rear driveline?

You might have to go to a drive shaft shop and have a custom shaft made.

EDIT: NVM....... I just saw ur other thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am guessing that is waht i will have done, but my trouble is finding a shop to do it. Any ideas would be great I can have them ship it to here. I live by Durango, CO.

·
Registered
456 Posts
jesse at highangledrivelines is the best man in the business. Just google highangledriveline they are out of paradise, CA but they can ship you whatever you need. I would not buy a driveshaft anywhere else.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was thinking about your problem with vibration.
Just to make shure its your driveline.
I wonder if you.
Take off your rear drive shaft from bearing support to rear end.
Put it in 4w drive and run on front drive shaft at those speeds.
I would even take out the 2 piece drive line drop down bracket.
At least it would be at stock position again.
Also check the rubber support that the bearing sits in on the support bracket.

My 01 had bad vibrations. You could look out the driver mirror and see the box shake going down the road. I know how frustrating it is. I found all rims were bent and they were brand new. Got that fixed and that wasnt it either.

Did they road force balance the tires? Can you try running on another set of rims just to check before you blow big cash on a Cv driveline.
Just from my sand car experience the cv drivelines are weaker than what you have now.
I also posted talk to Jess at High angle.
I feal your pain. My 8 inch fab has no problems. Get BDS to return your money and get a Fab.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wonder if alot of guys are saying no problems with there lift but have short boxes.
I had a problem on my 03 long box crew with the edge programmer on 3 and pulling my 5th. The axle would twist and the mirrors would shake at take off.
I had to keep my foot out of it till I was rolling.
The new Long box Crew will be getting traction bars for shure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yesterday on my to go play in the snow, I put it in 4 wheel drive and ran it up to 65 the vibration was much worse. I am guessing that it may indeed be the front line. I just figured that it did not turn when in 2 wheel drive, but unless it has a really good clutch to spin the driveline to speed shift on the fly would be impossible if the line did not spin.

I think I will pulkl the front line out and see if this helps.

Just went out and checked the front line and it "floats" so there is way it could causing it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
While pulling my 5th at Glamis in the sand with my 03. Trying to get unstuck. 4 Low and edge on level 3 with a winch.
I twisted my front drive shaft. Looked like I rung out towel and then snapped.
I Un hooked it and strapped it to my nerf bar to get home in 2 wd so fluid would not come out. I also found out there is two seals so you can run with it pulled out of transfer and not loose fluid.

So I would assume it dose not spin in 2 wd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts