Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When your actuator goes bad, you will not get 4X4 engagement. Our 94 FullSize Blazer kept blowing the 4X4 fuse. I just figured I'd replace the actuator with the new style anyway without any real troubleshooting since I was meaning to do it anyway. It fixed the problem and it engages much faster now.

Note that to install the new style a new wiring harness is required. It cost less than $20 so no biggy.

Also, the new actuator comes with a spacer. You cannot forget to install the spacer (grease it first) or the actuator cannot do it's job.

Here is a pictorial with some text to help out when replacing the front thermal actuator with the new motorized style.

If someone found a better place to splice in the brown wire, please post.

The DieselPlace hopes you found this article helpful. Please feel free to reply with comments and suggestions.
The DieselPlace is not responsible for the content and it's usage. It is for reference only.

In the event that you would like to present this information on another website, you may do so only by hyperlinking to this post.

[staff edit]The link has been removed as it no longer exists.[/staff edit]

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Hoot good info & good thought on the inside splice, since this is the DIY forum; FYI to those that need to splice a wire that could be subject to the elements, something that works for me is to solder the splice joint, then coat with dielectric grease and seal off with heat shrink then tape, it takes longer that way, and you don't always have the room to do it, but I have never had a failure of splices done that way, even those on my boat trailer that get submerged.

·
Registered
218 Posts
GM TSB #76-43-01A discusses this upgrade in detail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts