Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock system comes off tomorrow on my 04.5 lly just like to know what to expect since i see these stories about codes with no cat

·
Registered
447 Posts
yep, you will get codes, order your finger stick now!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
You may or may not get a check engine light. You will however get P0401 and P0404 if you pull the cat. Sometimes they trip the light, sometimes they dont. If so, be prepared to get a fingers stick, or you could go to your local dealership and get the latest reflash as I hear it has also taken care of all egr codes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
so to have a complete exhaust upgrade, what all do you need to order? I know the exhaust pipes, but what all do you need to "fully" replace the exhaust, not throw codes, and kill the kitty?

Im sorry if it seems i stole the thread, hate stepping on toes:badidea:

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
the egr plate and finger stick only apply to a complete exhaust system that would remove the cat. If you purchase a cat-back system you won't need these things.

So, full complete exhaust system + finger stick + egr plate = fun times w/ no codes!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you briano...i like NO CODES!!!! Also, can i get inspected with no cat?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
inspection will depend on year and location. I believe we are excempt in Texas and also with the 04.5 when they put in the year it shows no cat since we have the tweener motor. Good luck

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Before I put a full exhaust I would get the new dealer download, It will be harder to do it after. Just tell him you got these two codes a few times already and had them reset. There is a flash just to fix it. My truck is proof it does fix it without a finger stick. I got the 401 and 404 just from a cat back 4" duals. had the new flash and it's gone. Then again mine is cat back only..
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.