Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
325-60/18's

How did you get that size tire on your truck? I saw your site, truck looks real nice. it does not look like its lifted? My buddy had 315 H2 rims on his and really had to cut the fender by the door to get them to fit, any info on how you got those in there would be appreciated!

thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah,

There was some cuttin on the front bumper and also by the door. They did cut some metal to make them fit. Nothing that anyone else would ever notice. When backing up and cranking really hard it will barely rub but I love the way it rides and sits. The tire shop did all the hacking for me at no extra charge. If you need some pics, Id be glad to take some of the wheel wells. 325s are the same as 33" though. The problem with this particular tire was the width, 13".

Feel free to ask any more question!

Mike

·
Registered
89 Posts
bybycop,

Would you mind snapping some pics of the "trimming" job? I can't decide to go the way you did or spend the extra $$ and go with a lift. Also, where did you get your grill insert and how does it install? I really like the look of your truck! Edited by: NVRENUF

·
Registered
27 Posts
bybycop

I am looking at going to a 325/60 18 and was wondering what backspacing your wheels had and where did they cut metal?

Todd

·
Registered
27 Posts
bybycop, are you out there?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You resurrected a post 6 months old, dont think he is around here much lately???

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check back on his webiste link in his profile.... pics of the trim job are there.

Kenny

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks kvdmax, I never looked past page 1 on his web site. I have found a better solution to cutting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put Eagle series 114 wheels 18x9.5 with 6 inch backspace with Toyo Open Country A/T 325/60/18 tires. The tires will rub on the sway bar if it is turned all they way to the lock position. Other than the slight rub on the sway bar they fit just like the 285/75/16 on 16x8 wheels with 4.5 inch backspace that they replaced. I have yet to make them rub on the sway bar while driving, only while sitting steel with the wheels locked. There is a pic on the thread "lets see what your rig looks like"

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts