Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2004 lb7 in a couple of days. It has 198000 and a good price. The guy has done some work to it..head gaskets, apr studs, transfer case rebuild, water pump. But not the injectors. I haven't looked at the truck yet, but assuming they are okay would you buy? I've read horror stories about bad injectors, how expensive and hard they are to replace. This truck will be for towing my camper, hunting and fishing trips and will only see 2000-3000 miles per year. Thanks for your thoughts!

· Administrator
26,949 Posts
I'm looking at a 2004 lb7 in a couple of days. It has 198000 and a good price. The guy has done some work to it..head gaskets, apr studs, transfer case rebuild, water pump. But not the injectors. I haven't looked at the truck yet, but assuming they are okay would you buy? I've read horror stories about bad injectors, how expensive and hard they are to replace. This truck will be for towing my camper, hunting and fishing trips and will only see 2000-3000 miles per year. Thanks for your thoughts!
Welcome to DieselPlace

There are some threads on the LB7 injector issue you can read in the LB7 section of the forum and also listed in the LB7 FAQ page.
The injectors are under the valve covers so some work has to be done to get them.
There are some great write ups on how to replace LB7 Injectors you can search for and read.

You can upgrade the Stock LB7 injectors over to the SAC style injectors to help reduce future issues.
If you replace the Injectors I would recommend you contact Brent over at Lincoln Diesel Specialties: Diesel Injection, Parts and Services
and he can recommend the correct injectors and install kit for your application.
(y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.