Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new truck but i'm still undecided. I like the GMC D/A but my buddy is trading his '04 because it has shut down 3 times on him while driving and the dealer can't find anything wrong... I like the looks of the Ford also but the 6.0 is scary!!!! The Dodge has a nice engine and a not so good tranny.. I'm hearing good things about the LBZ but i live at altitude in Colorado and i'm worried about the possible overheating of the Duramax.. Is this a concern? Need help!:D

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I don't think there are many LBZ's that overheat at all. There has been some LLY's that are overheaters. With a 36 month/36,000 mile warranty, if you do get a bad truck, you'll know way before your warranty is up. Usually, if they can't fix it, they buy it back.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Decisions..decisions

I'm in the market for a new truck but i'm still undecided. I like the GMC D/A but my buddy is trading his '04 because it has shut down 3 times on him while driving and the dealer can't find anything wrong... I like the looks of the Ford also but the 6.0 is scary!!!! The Dodge has a nice engine and a not so good tranny.. I'm hearing good things about the LBZ but i live at altitude in Colorado and i'm worried about the possible overheating of the Duramax.. Is this a concern? Need help!:D
I test drove all 3 brands and did extensive research on the internet
regarding problems with all 3. I have had some minor issues with the
LBZ but it is just a good looking truck. Just like a man wants a good
looking woman on his arm so goes his ride. For assurance purposes,
I paid extra for a 6 year 100K bumper to bumper warranty. Do this,
get on your computer and google this "Powerstroke problems" The
Ford hydraulic injector design is obviously a dog that wont hunt !

·
Registered
339 Posts
All 3 have their + & -, buy the one you like and enjoy.):h

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I live in colo. also, I put my atv in the back of the truck and hooked up my 29foot camp trailer and pulled it around town and out on the highway on a warm day last year right after I bought it with no issues at all.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Trust your gut. Buy what ya want. They all have good and bad. I tryed the ford and got a dud. This truck has had 0 issues @ 4800 miles. Best thing is to buy what suits your needs. Hey, ya can always buy another one down the road. Have fun shopping.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Test drive them all and decide what you want. I like hearing others opinions, but I rather buy what suits me best and has a good price. Like pofarmboy said, they have have their good and bad. You're at a Duramax site, so expect 90% of your answers to be Chevy/GMC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got out of a 2004 Dodge, Seats were terrible, Engine noisy, and a climb in and out, but for the truck 80,000 miles and not one problem. The Chevy/GMC is much more comforable. Drove a 2001 Duramax 120,000 only trouble was injectors first time at 99,000 miles, second was @ 120,000 miles had 5 bad ones, cost was $4,500, but 6 month later found warranty was extended to 200,000 miles on injectors. Buy the GMC/Chev

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chevrolet All The Way / Final

1 - 9 of 9 Posts