Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at over 30 houses in the last month or two, we finally found a house we really liked that was in our price range.

http://scwmls.fnismls.com/publink/default.asp?GUID=03006a79-07fe-4265-991c-96c9fd91a0a5&Report=Yes

Its a bit on the small side, but the basement is finished and it has a really nice 3 seasons room on the back.

We don't close on it until Feb 29th, but our lease on the current house we are renting isn't done until the end of March anyway...

I was really surprised with how good of condition the house is in. Its very clean and needs almost no work done.

The sellers agreed to escrow us money to get the electrical updated from 60amp fuses to 100amp breakers. The only other thing we need to do before we move in is add a shower to the tub in the main bathroom and we will be set!

It also has a nice 2 car garage and a nice little back yard. I know we will be getting a dog, so a fence may be needed

·
Registered
639 Posts
That's cool. We bought our first house in 2003 for 69900.00. Sold it for 130,000.00 last March. I was amazed at how a little money into a house can turn a huge profit when selling. My 2nd house ( we just bought ) is a brand new custom 2200 sq. ft. on 1 acre. Was a huge shock going from a 70,000.00 house to a 255,000.00 house. Congrats on the new casa.

·
Registered
737 Posts
What are the conditions of the windows? If they are original replacing them would greatly help decrease the costs of heating and cooling a drafty house.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
congratulations!!! I think right now is a great time to buy!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the conditions of the windows? If they are original replacing them would greatly help decrease the costs of heating and cooling a drafty house.
The windows are pretty old but in good shape. If needed, we will probably just insulate the windows with that plastic film until we can afford to put in new windows.

The roof and siding are new though.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Your new home would cost 225 in N. Fl and if you could move it to So.Cal, God forgive, it would bring 750 (w/o the finished basement). Enjoy!

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Congrats, nothing like renting from yourself. ;)

·
Banned
1,769 Posts
i see your new address, and my gps can get there easily. nice home. what valuables do you own? any jewelry, electronics, ect? what is the average amount of cash you keep at home? your move in date again?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
congrats! i closed on my house in july, it only took about a month to close though, makes ya wonder wtf takes so long

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
congrats! i closed on my house in july, it only took about a month to close though, makes ya wonder wtf takes so long
Appraisals, Inspections, and Title Reports...

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Great starter home-:)- if it was in Orange County that same house would be $550,000! :cool:

·
Registered
486 Posts
HAUNTED!!! Nah it looks pretty nice, and sure is a hell of alot nicer than some houses in this town.

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
I would opt for a 200 amp box. 100 amp runs out real quick with all the electrical stuff a house takes now a days.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
I hope you got it for less than listed. That comes out to almost $75/sqft. Also, look into utilities paid the last year and taxes so you'll know what to expect.

·
Registered
11,464 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Congratulations! Looks like a nice home from the street. I agree with the upgrade to 200 amp service instead of 100. I would be extra cautious with the wiring if the home only had 60 amp service to begin with because of teh age factor. Make sure you are properly grounded and all of your wiring is up to snuff.

·
Registered
402 Posts
i see your new address, and my gps can get there easily. nice home. what valuables do you own? any jewelry, electronics, ect? what is the average amount of cash you keep at home? your move in date again?
:muahaha:
Congrats man! Enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts