Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a buddy that has a 1993 k2500 with the 6.5 TD and a NV4500 tranny. the truck is 4x4 with 230000 miles on it and 130000 miles on the engine. the truck is in very good condition and i want to know if its worth it for $3500.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
what body style ex cab... reg cab... crew????....if its in good shape body wise and runs strong id say go for it thats a sought after truck...offer him 3200 and go from there your not gonna get much cheaper than that...i cant remember what i paid for mine but i know it was more than that but i bought it with less miles and a decent body....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reg. cab long bed. ac tilt cruise. new paint job and bed liner. i notice u turned up ur injection pump, did that make a big difference?

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Post the VIN in the forums VIN check area and you can get some history on it

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
yes it made a difference but you have to do other mods prior to turning up the pump....as for the details on the truck id so go for it but do alot of reading before buying

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah ive been reading about the 6.5 on here for a couple hours now. itll be fine for what i want it for. what do you have to do before cranking up the pump?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Read up on IPs, yours is a manual 2831 IIRC, at 130,000 to about 160,000 they often need rebuilding.

I'd offer $3200 as has been suggested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how can you tell they need to be rebuilt?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heyyy i know youuu

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Wilson! Wilson!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts