Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the new 2004 Dmax is going to egr, or recirculating emissions..I would be searching out a leftover 2003, if i were in the market for a new truck. . In speaking to a friend who is Mack authorized, he mentioned how much trouble the big rigs are having with this new technology. Literally cutting engine life down tremendously...obviously these things arent made to ingest crap. Just my 2 sense..bc

·
Registered
429 Posts
Bob,

Actually it is a mid-year change so one would still get an LB7 in an '04 made before the switchover (January '04?).

Josh

·
Registered
288 Posts
SWITCH OVER WAS 12/8. I KNOW BECAUSE MINE WAS BUILT 12/3 AND IS ONE OF LAST LB7'S

·
Registered
420 Posts
You guys just make me feed really good. My 2004 LB7 was delivered to me on 10/27/03. Although I would have liked the extra HP and torque, the LB7 is in it's 4th year and I don't like "new" designs and models in the first 1-2 years.

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am a class 8 diesel mechanic with much detroit series 60 experience...We have been getting egr engine for about 6 months now.RUN AWAY FROM THE EGR!!! Run fast

Tomslick

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I would also say good luck finding a left over 03....your lucky to find a 04

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Being in CA we've had the EGR for awhile now. I fail to see the need for hysteria as can't say that it is a problem. Grant it I've not that many miles on mine but there are others that do w/o alarming events/incidents. Could it be an over reaction from what we've experience w/gassers? Course if there were a choice I would go w/the one w/o the EGR but it'll not ruin my day one way or another. IF I were buying today, I would go w/the one that has the newer turbo irrespective of EGR. The newer engine is just that, a newer eng and not a brand new eng design. I wouldn't hesitate ~ go w/the newer LLY. Yeah ~ thats my 2 bits, double your money back opinion.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I was thinking that the LB7's have EGR. My truck has the LB7 and I haven't really looked for it, but I thought I read somewhere that it has the EGR. I do know it doesn't have a CAT, unless the General hid it really well.
Guess I will have to check for EGR when I get home today.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Easy to spot ~ if you have it, there'll be a module attached to the valvecover adjacent to the oil dipstick.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Only the '01 did not have a CAT I understand. All the rest came with one, but may not be there now LOL

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Bruce the Chevy my dealer ordered was built 12-11 and has the LB7 and is in transit.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do you suppose it's EGR that is causing all those aluminum heads to melt and injectors to fail? Hold on a second. I want to run outside to see if the sky is falling.

TC

·
Registered
288 Posts
DMAX TIM: MAN I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON,MY DEALER HAS A COUPLE ORDERS WEEK OF 12/8. ALL LLY'S. IM GLAD I MADE IT IN BEFORE CHANGE ,LB7 IS EASY TO PUMP UP IF YOU WANT TOO. TRUCK SHOULD BE HERE BY THIS WEEKEND.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts