Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,i did it now.Was out late with the guys last nite,well all nite when we went to breakfast a 7:00a.m. Parking lot was empty at the Home Depot,so just had to show the guys some boosted launches.They were snaping pictures yelling,and having fun with it,until the 6th time when,bam!Busted the right tierod!It was fun!Will be ordering SD tierod sleeves tommorrow!I new i needed them anyway.Oh well you play you pay.It sure was cool though!

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
That will teach you for putting it off. :D

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
any pics?? :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It's only going to get worse Bobby! First a busted tie-rod, next a dropped tranny...QUIT PUTTING THINGS OFF!;)

·
Registered
4,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Just curiuos... what tune were you running when doing that? You have the hot juice all the way up?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Let's see it.

:nopics:

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Lower the torsion bars...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It's ok to lower them but if you ever hit a curb at a bad angle or bump a parking block at bad angle or have to tow something through a muddy field and suddenly find traction or........well the list is a long one. There are even some 2X4 guys running them just for insurance against any possible unforseeable problems like someone in another vehicle smacking their front tire and stranding them with a bent tie rod untill a tow truck shows up (happened to me) which just so happenly was a Dodge, and every one was giving him the thumbs up for towing a Dmax. I love diesels but SHEESH!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yitsock,I was playing with the juice all the way up,and stacking a 90hp Bully-dog Power Pup on top.Ran pretty good til it broke!Iam trying to break the tranny!Sorry guys i didnt take a pic,its fixed now.I got the sleeves on er now though!Matt,yea i know i will drop the tranny SOON,i promise! Kennedy,thanks for the advice,i will drop them down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts