Diesel Place banner

bursting with juice, bad injectors?

934 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vaughn77 
#1 ·
i have a level 4 trans, boost stick, egr blocker and the rest is stock. i've run the juice by its self without issues previously. the truck would occasionally burst with the predator on 40 and the edge on 5/5 if i was into the throttle just right. i no longer have the predator on my truck, i drove it about 80 miles without issues and good power with the juice. about a week later i took it back out, it pulled good once then it started to burst and it was slowly getting worse until it finally would do it in level 2. the power is down a considerable ammount from what the levels should be, however it does not do it on the stock setting, everything feels normal there. i replaced my fuel filter and added fuel treatment and its still acting up.

i have had some knocking problems with the predator alone before (it would sound like an isuzu 4cyl diesel) and lost all but about 100hp and limited to 2k rpm, the codes said injectors 1,3 and 7 were bad and there were a few other codes that were related to the fuel system, this happened 3 times all when it was below 40* and within the first 5 miles or so of driving. once i would clear the codes the problem would go away. i took it in to the dealer and they wouldnt do a thing, because the balance rates were "ok" (highest were i think 3.6, 3.8 and 3.7)

recently i have noticed strong exhaust and white smoke at start up. im not sure if this is an injector problem or something else in the fuel system, my only ideas are the cp3, clogged fuel filter (already ruled out), bad injectors, or a weak FRPCV.

can anyone give me some ideas as to what might be wrong with it so i can go to the dealer with some suggestions since they havent helped me out thus far

See less See more
#2 ·
What version is your Edge?

Try running stock with Edge removed. Also try just the Predator.

#5 ·
Hope you find answers, I've got the same 2K rpm problem 3 to 4 times so far. But I havent changed my filter yet. Hope I have better luck since you said you did that already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.