Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 94 chevy 1500 with a 6.5td for a DD about a month ago.The SES would blink on time to time exspecially on warm days. So I decided to flash the codes and came up a bunch. Funds are tight so I want the fix the biggest problems first and work my way down. Here is the list
18 - Pump Cam Reference Pulse Error
32-EGR Circuit Error
33 - EGR Control Pressure/Baro Sensor Circuit High
34 - Injection Timing Stepper Motor Fault
36 - Injection Pulse Width Error (Time Long)
45 - EGR Vent Error
48 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High (Low Temp )
54 PCM fuel circuit error
62 - Turbo Boost Sensor Circuit Low
TIA :beer:

·
Registered
584 Posts
You have a lot of EGR codes and the low boost code. The vaccum pump runs the Boost control and EGR on your truck and thats it. Might be a vaccum problem now you can dump the vacuum system with a manual wastegate controller either make one or buy a TurboMaster and go to 1993 belt and remove the pump. Then plug the EGR line and that might solve it. Also try clearing your codes and when your SES light flashes pull over and check the codes. that should give you your major codes many times you start getting other codes and they stay until cleared.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Really sounds like a connector problem, as all those sensors operate on regulated +5v supply - lose the connection, sensors go dead.

Try disconnecting and cleaning all the PCM-to-engine connections, checking for bare\broken\intermittent wiring joints.

Particularly back around the fuel filter, where those connectors regularly get stressed and mauled

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to /clean check the wires on my lunch hour today ,with WD40 and a small parts brush in my tool box. I have some old vacum gauges on the shelf at home , what line should I tie into to check the pump and how much vac should it be pulling. Thanks

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
25"hg in the single line off the vacuum pump, 15" in the wastegate line at idle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts