Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows what year bumpers will fit on my 2004 2500HD. The guy I bought the truck from put a few marks on the bumpers and I thought I would keep an eye out for some used/ new ones that someone has taken off in order to install aftermarket.

Will the GMC Sierra bumpers work? Do the 1/2 ton trucks have the same bumpers? What years do I look for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is you truck a Chevy or a GMC? I am assuming its a Chevy since you are asking if the Sierra bumper will work. The GMC and the Chevy are two different front ends...basically the main difference between the trucks. You would need to change basically the entire front clip to swap them. Check Ebay as i see them on there from time to time. Rear bumpers are the same though and are a dime a dozen on Ebay.

NOTE: if anyone needs a front bumper (chrome) for a 03-06 GMC I have an extra one in excellent cond for sale. No dings or scratches! A new one runs around $500 and I am looking for $200 shipped on this one.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The steel part of all rear bumpers from 1999 to 2006 on the 1500 and 2500's are the same. the plastic tread part on the top of the bumper is different and its only the back of the bumper the 2500 have extra plastic lip of cover the gap between the box and the frame.

On the front bumpers on the gmc's I think are the same the gap piece is attached to the grill shell not the bumper. At least from 03 to 06. On the earlyer models the bumper had the extra plastic to cover the gap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts