Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok from what I understand there are sensors for the SRS Airbag system in the bumpers right? If I was to install Ranch hand front and rear full replacements what would happen to the sensors? If they are in the bumpers. Thanks?

Has anyone run into this issue?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
no sensors I saw when I removed the front from my 03. uplugged the fog lights and that was it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
no sensors on bumper

·
Registered
687 Posts
The front sensors are really called EFS (Electronic Front Sensors) and can be found on the lower radiator tie bar (one on each side). They are not connected to the bumper in anyway. You will see them from underneath and they will have a yellow sticker with the airbag symbol on them.

While I will not condone this I cannot recommend this. Your truck was designed based on the crash signature that comes from the bumper frame system as it comes from the factory. Only factory options have been tested and "approved" by GM to be used. Call them and ask them these questions...You will be told the same thing. I know people do it all the time, but the sensing system was not designed that way.

Take it for what it's worth...

MN

·
Registered
38 Posts
GMC2500HD. I've got a bumper replacement on my HD. It paid for it's self with in a month when I hit my first deer. Pretty good sized doe at 50mph. No damage.
I've hit 4 or 5 more in the past 2 yrs. Worst case I just had to tighten up the bolts. I read some where that damage from hitting a deer costs an average of $3000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts