Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda a dumb question, but I am thinking of leaving my winter bumper cover on...not the rad cover, just the bumper cover. I like the looks of the bumper being all black. Now, I realize it does cover the opening in the bottom of the bumper/air dam area, and there in lies my question: how many of you guys think it will cause me an overheating problem? I live in Idaho, rarely see temps in excess of 95 degrees F. and I don't tow offen. more just curious than anything. thanx

Mike

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Not a good idea. You will heat the trans up and possibly cook it. It was -20 here the last few nights and I still haven't put the bumper cover on, only the grille cover. :badidea:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I leave mine on all winter regardless of temp or towing simply because it is a pain to re-install Wnter temps are rarely above 40 and winter towing for me would not exceed 3,000 lbs. I would not recomend leaving it on in the summer though. Excess heat is an issue and accumulation of grime is an issue. If you like it black paint it or armor coat it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.