Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed this. Right in front of the front tire where the black bumper cover meets the chrome it appears that the plastic is shrinking and pulling off. Anyone else?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine did this also, I pop rivited the plastic to the crome bumper after drawing it back together. painted the rivits black afterwards, haven't had a problem since. BigRedD/A.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My '01 has not done it, but two friends with '03's have done the same as you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Add me to the list. Untill now I thought it happend when my lift was put on and the didn't cut the bottom of the bumber before they took it for a test drive. Glad you said some thing I would look like an ass going in there and yelling at them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I'll add that to the list of warranty items for this weekend.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good luck wih the warranty thing....when mine did it the stealer ran me around with a bunch of b.s.....needless to say I lost. apparently the sob's knew this and could prove to me that this sort of thing is what they call "normal wear and tear"...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, I think it is due (in my case anyway) to the lower winter cover being a bit to tight/not as expandable as advertised (or shrinking with moisture.) I am still waiting to see if summer will allow the plastic to reform the way it should. It is not the end of the world but just got this truck seven months ago and could affect value. I won't be using the lower cover again...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is doing it too. I just looked at it the other day and was blaming the wife for doing something to it. She has been driving it the last few weeks to work because her minivan is in the shop getting a new motor. I probably won't be letting her know about this post!! She just needs to keep thinking she did something to it!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I noticed the same thing on brand new 06 models on a dealers lot !!
The LT trucks with the painted bumper cover did NOT show this. Seems like the fit of the paintable cover is better than the textured one.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mine is doing this as well. Cheap junk.

·
Registered
791 Posts
have one painted it will shrink it also mine folds out on the corners
Catch,

the one you painted, is it the textured one or did you buy the ready to paint cover from the dealer?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Had This Problem With My 03 And Now With The 05.. They Replaced The 03 Three Times With Out A *****.. Looks Like It Could Be Replace Abt Every 6 Months..

Arm

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Mines doing it. Good thing im going aftermarket come summer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
mine is doing it as well, I just figured it was designed by GM to improve aerodynamics, the wind is diverted away from the wheel well...:joke:

·
Registered
462 Posts
mine is doing it as well, I just figured it was designed by GM to improve aerodynamics, the wind is diverted away from the wheel well...:joke:
Yea, that NASCAR Look...:badidea: Mine is doing the samething, I though it was mud accumulation behind it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
GM Engineers???

Mine is doing the same thing I thought it was due to snow plowing having been buried in snow in Dec., while back dragging some loading docks....NOT it is bad engineering/products.

Anyone, had luck turning in warranty on these?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!:ro) :ro) :ro) :ro) :rant:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just had mine replaced under warranty. No problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts