Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yup same thing... clears for a short time but comes back ( no check engine light) It there until you remove the program.. I called Bullydog on it several times then talked to the tech support mgr Cody and sent him a letter via email... nothing...Called his boss Phil with no answer yet.. nothing... he did offer me a tee shirt and a hat. WTF.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else seeing this, I just put the Triple dog in my dads truck on Sunday and read the P1621 code. I have called Bully Dog on this as well and same thing, non answer. I am taking it out tonight and replacing it with Edge Juice. It Rattles to much in his LLY, sounds like a bad batch of fuel in a gasser.-:t I hope it has no ill effects.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Anyone else seeing this, I just put the Triple dog in my dads truck on Sunday and read the P1621 code. I have called Bully Dog on this as well and same thing, non answer. I am taking it out tonight and replacing it with Edge Juice. It Rattles to much in his LLY, sounds like a bad batch of fuel in a gasser.-:t I hope it has no ill effects.
Good luck but I'm sticking with it..
The rattle is not a problem.. just advancement of timing. I personally like the free upgrades available on the net, versatility of multiple brands, speed limiter removal, tire size adjustment and code reader that the edge lacks.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck but I'm sticking with it..
The rattle is not a problem.. just advancement of timing. I personally like the free upgrades available on the net, versatility of multiple brands, speed limiter removal, tire size adjustment and code reader that the edge lacks.

Yaz, thats why I originally purchased one. I have larger than stock tires (by a bit):h ) and wanted to take it with me to the next vehicle. I am just not sure if there are going to be any reliability problems with the ECM's, P1621 is incomplete programing of the flash chip. I will probably keep it for the code reading but the rest I will leave alone. Edge Juice just showed up for my truck so we will see. My dads is on order. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
No problem you're welcome.. I have wondered how my truck would run with the edge compared to it..

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As soon as I install it this weekend, I will let you know. My dads truck is an LLY and Mine is an LB7 so it will be fun to see the differences. I hope it isn't as noisy, I don't like the timing rattle associated with the Bully Dog.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
You guys that are having that code set on 2003-up trucks, if you have aftermarket radio gear-DVD-etc, ON-STAR you should be pulling the fuse for the radio and On-Star.

There can be a problem flashing with other electronic equipmemt on the data bus with handheld programmers.

Try that, if not then return the programmer.....incomplete programming is not good, hopefully it recovers 100% after a flash.

T:) NY

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I got with and without that fuse out. I know the program is completly installed. I only get a incomplete programming error if I don't take any fuses out.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I get it every time, and I always pull the fuses. I do have Remote start and I think it is on the data bus via and adapter to disable theft lock. Should I take it off?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got that code when I first put it in but not lately. Guess I will have to check it again. Was it affecting the truck in any way? If you do a search under p1621 you will find a lot of info about the code.

Also when I first installed mine I got a p0802. Did you get the same thing?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, i downloaded the Bully Dog to Try it in my Dads truck and while we were trying it in his truck I uploaded a Hypertech and the ECM went Bad. I don't know if this is the source of the problem?

The P0802 code I only got when I limped the tranny? I think it is a the allison requesting a MIL due to a problem. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Anybody else having this probelm? Im pretty close to buying one of these and would like to make sure its gonna be ok, hopefully its not a probelm on 01's

·
Registered
40 Posts
Like I said I only had this problem when I first loaded it up. I just erased the codes and it has never been an issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No I havent but I will today and let you know.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
GM's description of that code is a little misleading in the manuals.
The programmer has programmed the ECM completely and successfully, if it didn't then the truck would not run. GM has a built in ECM memory check every time you turn the key on, if something is wrong, it won't start.

To me, it sounds like the ECM is not being restored to a 'happy' state after the reflash, though it is hard to tell 'exactly' what is wrong from the P1621 DTC description GM give. You can bet if it were at a dealer, that ECM would be replaced and that is probably why the description is so vague.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GM's description of that code is a little misleading in the manuals.
The programmer has programmed the ECM completely and successfully, if it didn't then the truck would not run. GM has a built in ECM memory check every time you turn the key on, if something is wrong, it won't start.

To me, it sounds like the ECM is not being restored to a 'happy' state after the reflash, though it is hard to tell 'exactly' what is wrong from the P1621 DTC description GM give. You can bet if it were at a dealer, that ECM would be replaced and that is probably why the description is so vague.

Cheers,
Ross
Ross, that is what happened, the ECM was replaced under warranty and has not been a problem since, My dads truck is at the dealer for the same thing as we speak. I think that I will be sending the Programmer back to Bully Dog to have them check it out. Could the radio go out because of the Bully Dog?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem you're welcome.. I have wondered how my truck would run with the edge compared to it..
Yaz, I installed the Edge Juice on Friday and have been playing with it every time I get a chance. It is a whole different truck, the injectors don't rattle anymore, it tranfers power alot better and seems alot smoother doing it, and it doesn't seem to surge as much. I did get an odd alarm today acceletating mildly in OD, I heard the audible and to my surprise it read 2035*!.:jawdrop: I had to unplug the Attitude to get it to reset. I will let you know soon what it's like in the LLY. My dads comes in Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Cool, thanks..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts