Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets here any and all info on it please.
I picked up my LBZ on Wed. and need more power! Look like all that is out there is the Power Pup and the Duramaximizer. Seems not to many people are thrilled on how the Duramaximizer makes its changes. I don't know anything about Diesels really so don't take that as a bash.
Am I really better off waiting until June for Banks and Edge to come out with their products>??? I don't mind getting the PP for now and switching later if it is just a matter of HP, I just don't want to do it if there are issues that will hurt my truck. I want more power and black smoke!
I also plan on doing an exhaust and something with the air intake system as well. Thanks in advance, -Mat-

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
SVT F15O,

We do not sell the PPE stuff but have sold approx 45-50 Bully Dog Power Pups on the LBZ and so far it's been great. It makes way more power than the Allison can handle though so play with it smart etc. Call us at the office if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
419 Posts
You could always go with the Bully Dog now, and then later stack an van Aaken or Edge module with the Bully Dog for even more power.

So your investment isnt wasted.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Get ready for a tranny too..:eek:

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Ditto the tranny comments.
'06 LLY I just put 350/680 to the dyno Saturday with the BD set on "Performance"... level 3 of 4, not counting the hidden 'Crazy Larry' level 5.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I own a Transmission Shop so I am not too worried about playing around with the Allison. I know Transgo has something for the 5-speed. Have they done anything for the 6-speed yet>??? -Mat-

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
The current valve kit will work, however, apparently only about half of the parts are used. They're working on getting a second kit out with only the parts needed by the 6 speed.

Full Suncoast to come soon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this speculation or fact on the Transgo kit. I called them yesterday and they said no 6-speed kit yet. I asked about the 5-speed kit going in and he said he didn't think so. I did a 5-speed unit at the shop about 2yrs ago but did not do a shift kit at the time. -Mat-

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
That is what Mike L indicated when I was chatting with him last weekend.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ditto the tranny comments.
'06 LLY I just put 350/680 to the dyno Saturday with the BD set on "Performance"... level 3 of 4, not counting the hidden 'Crazy Larry' level 5.

I'm getting a trans soon...How can I get 'Crazy Larry' level 5?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The Crazy Larry tune is only on the Triple Dog which is set to be released this month sometime by Bully Dog.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I thought you could call BD and get some kind of unlock code/procedure for the CL program on the Pup?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Why do they call it "Crazy Larry"?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The best 06 Dmax mods are yet to come...

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Got a copy of the graph from the dyno run? What kind of dyno was it on?
Not yet.... haven't had a chance to scan it.
Peak torque was at a higher RPM than I expected: 350 @ 3050 / 679.9 @ 2300
Mustang dyno.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Kennedy- I cant for the life of me figure out why you crap every thread that has anything to do with Bully Dog- I have use BD products, everyone I know has BD. Not to mention they are the only guys with a product on the market. So until the "best decide to come," Leave BD alone. You have wasted everyones time in this tread.

They call it "Crazy Larry" because of a guy called Larry Olsen of Burley ID. He has a comment written on the side of page 20 in the Bully Dog catalog.
Hella amounts of power. Extremely modified trannys only.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts