Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hook-up at the local performance shop tells me they've got a temperary Flash from Bully Dog. I was just curious what kind of HP numbers were talking. Anybody know?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
At least 90.You'll be sorry,you'll never want to drive a stocker again.Tell them to give you the maximum amount of time.I got 4 days out of it.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Try it if you like but be carefull. A lot of us believe that bully dog has a very high hp tune to really impress you. The problem is it is hard on the trans. Don't abuse it.

Also pay close attention to the cold timing rattle and extra noise of the bully dog and decide if you can live with it before you buy it. I know I find the bully dog stuff to be too noisy.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
So thats why it ran so good.They should tell you something about that tune,what if you were to try and pull heavy?:badidea:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really appreciate the info guys. I'll be good :lying:

This Site is Amazing!!! :ro) :ro) :ro) :ro)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Max Power Are you saying other programers don't give you the rattle ever? :eek:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I haven't heard it with my Edge..

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I Like the Bully dog programs but it not quite anymore. Yup it sounds like a Cumins or International engine when cold or getting on it. Also gets loud at about 75MPH.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Max Power Are you saying other programers don't give you the rattle ever? :eek:

PPE, edge and Van aaken have no rattle ever.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Does the extra timing rattle hurt anything?, I did the trial tune and there was quite a bit of rattle but I can live with it.
I'll bet that tune will fry your tranny.It has to be more than 100 horse.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It kinda makes me wonder if there givin out the same tune to everybody cauz I know my trial couldnt have been much over 70 horse, very little smoke at all and it felt about like my old superchips on level 2, as for the tranny its a 6 speed so my clutch and flywheel are the only worries there, and when i had the 110 VA it liked it just fine as long as you never went past 4th with it all the way up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the one you pay for and the trans will not shift properly under anyamount of learning. I can live with it in econ and perfermance. I picked up 1.3 sec in perf. and .7 sec in econ. 16.0 to 15.3 to 14.73.
Lots of black smoke and tire spinning, even at race track it would go thru
1st fall flat smoke then spin tires. etc.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was thinking about getting this trial tune locally.was wondering more about it.said it lasts 3 days. also what about the tranny tune .. it's a $95.00 spring deal with a drill and stuff to firm up shifts., supposed to help tranny to handle 50 more "HP'S"..................
ANY ADVICE:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I was thinking about getting this trial tune locally.was wondering more about it.said it lasts 3 days. also what about the tranny tune .. it's a $95.00 spring deal with a drill and stuff to firm up shifts., supposed to help tranny to handle 50 more "HP'S"..................
ANY ADVICE:rolleyes:
Lots of good questions... I have asked the same about the trany upgrade.. Do some searching, you'll lots of bad talk about it not working.. I asked who honestly added it before they limped the trany... chirp chirp chirp.. nothing. So my take is that if you add it after to fry you clutches it will not help. As to adding it before, none I personally know have done it. I personally am still debating it. I may do the Suncoast III and get it over with.

I believe the free tune is between 1 and 3 days. Not sure if it's hours or millage. Also I hear it the performance tune around 70 RWHP. It rattles when cold and over 23 k and you will have go easy for a few miles for the trany to relearn the power. Allison's will shift like crap before it learns.

Have fun and be ready to get bit by the Horsepower bug.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have the one you pay for and the trans will not shift properly under anyamount of learning. I can live with it in econ and perfermance. I picked up 1.3 sec in perf. and .7 sec in econ. 16.0 to 15.3 to 14.73.
Lots of black smoke and tire spinning, even at race track it would go thru
1st fall flat smoke then spin tires. etc.
That's funny mine shifts fine...after a few miles and a day of going easy at first and slowing getting getting into it. Then you would never know the trany had a issue. With mine going down in power there is never a problem only up I have to relearn. You also have to do T/H mode.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Lots of good questions... I have asked the same about the trany upgrade.. Do some searching, you'll lots of bad talk about it not working.. I asked who honestly added it before they limped the trany... chirp chirp chirp.. nothing. So my take is that if you add it after to fry you clutches it will not help. As to adding it before, none I personally know have done it. I personally am still debating it. I may do the Suncoast III and get it over with.

I believe the free tune is between 1 and 3 days. Not sure if it's hours or millage. Also I hear it the performance tune around 70 RWHP. It rattles when cold and over 23 k and you will have go easy for a few miles for the trany to relearn the power. Allison's will shift like crap before it learns.

Have fun and be ready to get bit by the Horsepower bug.

I added mine before the trans was limped, It never limped on the Bully Dog 95hp program but then I added a 150 tune and 5th gear limpage everytime but when I went back to the 95 it was fine again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts