Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Triple Dog Power Pup with the Outlook Monitor back in October for my '03 Silverado Duramax. The downloader seems to be working fine but I had a few issues with the Outlook Monitor and had to send it back on two occasions so far and now I may have to send it back again. Believe it or not I am just getting the Outlook Monitor back again and here it is January 26 and things still don't seem to be right. I have become very frustrated with this to say the least. The first time I sent the monitor back was because it caused my truck to not start. I later learned that the wrong monitor was sent with the Triple Dog. Then when the dealer sent the correct monitor and this monitor caused specific icons on my truck dash (engine, battery) to randomly illuminate and caused my fuel gauge to show empty and then jump back to half or whatever was in the tank. I dealt with Bully Dog on this issue and after uninstalling and reinstalling and downloading the latest programs they finally gave me an RMA number and told me to send it back. I would have thought I would receive a new one but I just got it back and can tell by the wires that this is the same one. Yet it appears to be working 'better' now because the icons no longer illuminate on the truck dash. But now I am getting ETG readings from my pre turbo pyrometer that seem to be ridiculously high. I can accelerate up to 30 - 40 mph smoothly and by the time I get to 35 or so I am pushing 1300 degrees. Then if I really get on the pedal and accelerate up to 60 or so I will be pushing 1600 degrees. Guys this happens when the vehicle is ice cold, I start it up and then go down the road with a smooth acceleration and I hit above 1200 degrees by the time I am at 40 mph. I know that can't be an accurate reading. If it is then that really scares me because I do not ever want my egt's to get above 1250 - 1300. I am using an AFE Stage II filter and a SilverLine 4" exhaust. Once again the pyrometer sensor is drilled pre-turbo. My Triple Dog power level is set at 'Performance'. I will not even run this in the 'Extreme' setting because my tranny has not been modified. I set the Triple Dog back to the stock vehicle settings and had the same EGT high temp readings. Bully Dog is thinking that the sensor may be screwed up. Has anyone experienced anything like this and if so what was the cause and the resolution?
Thanks for any replies!!
Gene

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been looking at the outlook monitor instead of buying guages. Let me know what the end result is. Thanx.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Mine is a LLY but no way have that kind temps. PM me if you need me to do any comparisons on the monitor I may be able to help. What's your post turbo read.. I know both wires are unhooked and it can float if not tied to black ground. You could swap the two wires to the post and if you get the same reading that would seam to point to the pyrometer.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I drew this up, it may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
yeah they are way too high. 40 mph should be about 600 max and thats on mine with the 330hp tune from PPE. i only got to 1100 the other day pulling a 13ft trailer.....on the highway im usually 800 at 65mph

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thaks guys. I finally got in touch with my dealer and asked him to send me another thermo sensor. He agreed. I just noticed today that when the truck is cold and I turn on the key but not actually start the truck the pyro reads in at 105 degrees. Now I know its just a bad sensor. Post usually reads in the 70's even though it's not connected. Thanks for the idea YAZ, I may go ahead and connect the post turbo wires up and check the readings.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hope the new sensor works out.. I think if you continue to get a high reading you possibly could have a injector stuck. Not sure but some will pipe in and correct me.

Also exactly where is the sensor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts