Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need you guys to confirm something for me. Our 02 dually when we bought it was supposed to be stock minus the lift and exhaust. But it dynoed 378 without the edge, now it's running the hot juice, a 100hp fuel box and apparently a programmer too. There is no way a stock tranny would survive anything close to this right? With two people in it and tools its over 9000lbs and with a 10000lbs trailer you can floor it no limping or slipping, just quick firm shifts. Is it just me or did we get an added bonus when we bought this truck?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
hmmm well that would be nice if you got a bonus but wow. Youd think they would tell ya haha. umm where did you dyno? They possibly goofed a little while dynoing your truck to get the high of a reading.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
We should hook up and I could read your ECM for you. Then we could compare it to a stock tune with the same OS and see if there is a program loaded in there or not.
I don't know of an easy way to verify what the tranny has in it.
I think I read Mike L. telling someone one time there is a cover somewhere on the tranny you could pull off and look at your converter. Seems like there was some color code that might give you some more info about it. Might want to search for it or maybe Mike will chime in. That's the limit of my knowledge on tranny's. :):eek::

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Pull the inspection cover on the bell housing and look at the converter.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dyno results were from a dodge dyno day we went to, can't remember the shop. The dodge guys said there numbers were same as other times they dynoed. it's definately got somthing, It's been ran all the way to 138mph and without the edge it will run with my truck with the hypertech on lv 3 and the edge on 3/5. And my truck is about 1500lbs lighter. Where is the inspection cover? Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also would'nt the edge by itself on 5/5 just destroy a stock tranny doing full throttle passes with over 10000 lbs in tow? I've Tried to limp it coming home from payson on some long grades pulling 12500 flooring it in 5th gear everything i could think of and the temp. wouldn't even rise above 190. with the edge on 5/5 it pulled 4 runs on the dyno at about 450, now it has the hot juice and a fuel box still without any issues.

·
Registered
775 Posts
doesnt sound stock to me, i also know that theres a night and day difference between how my truck shifts now with the built tranny and how it shifted before, especially when i really get on it so i would think you could compare it to a dmax with a stock tranny and it should be pretty easy to tell, unless its just got a transgo jr kit maybe, still would agree that the rest of the tranny wouldnt hold up to that abuse though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts