Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just curious what a reputable tranny builder does for a warranty (Kyle, Merchant, Mike L, others)? I am throwing the idea around because I am 10 + hrs away from all of the known tranny guys, so I might consider a kit instead of a built tranny.

Would call some of these guys but I know they are busy and I don't want to trouble them with questions others may know the answer to.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it is the drive time or warranty you fear, have suncoast send you a built tranny, they will put it in a transmission coffin, and a converter, you put it in yourself, you will have to send your core back to them when finished, sometimes it is better if you have the time, have them send you the empty coffin, send your trans to them and have them build your actual trans original from the truck, This is just another option you can choose.
The other option is to call one of them, schedule it, and go.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Cant speak for others, but its pretty much a case by case thing.

I offer 1 year on workmanship, including leaks etc. If you burn it up, its handled case by case.

Broken anything, your out of luck usually.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sc V

I bought a SC 5 they dared me to brake it :eek: I plan compound turbos and ordered trans to match

I got all the wistles and bells incl 6 speed upgrade.

as for warrenty?

Mine leaked from the pump housing,,, they sent me another fully loaded SC 5 and 1057 no cost to me I swapped it out and sent my core and the laeker back no problems....

3 words I LOVE IT

·
Registered
902 Posts
I bought a SC 5 they dared me to brake it :eek: I plan compound turbos and ordered trans to match

I got all the wistles and bells incl 6 speed upgrade.

as for warrenty?

Mine leaked from the pump housing,,, they sent me another fully loaded SC 5 and 1057 no cost to me I swapped it out and sent my core and the laeker back no problems....

3 words I LOVE IT
Wow. I think I just made my decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts