Diesel Place banner

Built 5-Speed Transmission Issues

689 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  eand28 
#1 ·
I'm about at my whits end with my built trans. Had it built in March of 2022 and ever since I've been chasing a leak from the bellhousing area. Shop that built it had been great about trying to fix it under the warranty but it still leaks. They resealed the whole trans the last time they had the truck and it was fine for a few days and started leaking again. It's just a few drips but it should not leak. Someone on here mentioned that the vent on the case might not be working correctly and I was going to take a look at it.

The transmission is a 5 speed in a 05 LLY with a 60hp tow tune and is good for 750hp per the builder.

This morning I got a p0732 gear 2 incorrect ratio code. What are the chances that the c1 clutches are hurt vs it just being a bad solenoid or pressure switch assembly? I was under the impression that the rebuild included all new solenoids and pressure switch but I will check with the builder on Monday.

I would find it hard to believe I hurt the clutches with less than 5k miles on the built transmission with just a 60hp file. I do not beat on the truck or race it at all. The majority of those miles are just back and forth to work.

Trans has Alto/ Raybestos frictions with new steels, custom machined pressure plates, complete overhaul kit, Transgo and Ratiotek hydraulic upgrades, internal harness seal, pressure switch manifold and a Goerend triple disc converter.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.