Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
22,036 Posts
Just bought my 2.8l duramax canyon slt. Trying ro get a build sheet and dind out more information on a dtc for emissions stating a warmup timer expired requiring service. Also where can i find the block heater connection? Im told by my dealer it has one but the connection is not readily seen anywhere. Thanks
Welcome to DieselPlace

For finding a build sheet on your vehicle I would visit your local GM dealer. They should be able to print out what you need.
Usually, GM will tuck the Block heater cord connection up behind the headlight or close to the battery. Look in those locations.

·
Administrator
22,036 Posts
Thanks i did look all around the battery i cant see underneath or behind the headlight. But i will look a little deeper just to be sure. My concern is the emissions timer dtc that keeps appearing on cold days. It usually goes away once outdoor temps rise above 40f for 3 drive cycles.
Try to locate the freeze plug/heater on the side of the engine block and just follow the cord running from it (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.