Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How makes the best looking bug shields for 2004 2500HD crew cab. I been out looking at a few and can't seem tp make up my mine. Does anyone have any pictures of them.

Thanks
keith

·
Registered
565 Posts
Like the Stampede my self

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
I went with the OEM one. It was $55 from the local dealer and it comes with the 3M double-sided tape for the windshield trim. If you do a search you'll find info about guys hearing a noise caused by some aftermarket bugshields.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Went with the oem also, thought I drive it first to see if there is any wind noise. None :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bugflector. But I kind of like the 3M Clear Bra which retains the factory body look while protecting the front paint finish.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a Drivers Design color match one, check out my garage. No wind noise, I have/had hood shake before and after install of bug deflector.

Easy install also.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Stampede here.

·
Registered
816 Posts
OEM here and yes, wind noise.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I just put on a AVS American made abs black bug shield . Looks good .

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
OEM, no wind noise AND decreased hood shake.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I have an OEM on my '01 3500 and no wind noise at all, however, my wife's 2004 2500 Sub as the OEM bugshield and at 42 to 45 mph there is a high pitched whistle. If you drive above or below these speeds there's no whistle noise. Dealer said if I put some duct-tape style tape on the edge it would go away...maybe. We just live with it and drive faster or slower than the trouble speeds.
JP

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I went with the Lund Avenger. I have put one on my sister's Trailblazer and Tahoe. I really like the way they look so I put one on my GMC. Here is a pic. I have not see the HD Chevy one though. No wind noise on any of em yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts