I need a bug deflector. Anyone have
an opinion on the "best" one for
the job?

Thanks!

T.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Honestly, I don't think they make a bug deflector that actually will deflect bugs unless you want one that stands straight up and is about 6" tall.

About the only thing that they do now is protect the front of the hood from rock chips.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
To answer your question...go with the OEM from Gm because it will line up with the mounting holes and not rub or anything...IMHO>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lund Interceptor lines up with holes in hood. 5 minute job. Paint chip protection. Bugs? Probably by accident.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a Driver Design and really like it. I did a lot of research when looking for one to put on my '03 GMC. I wanted one that would allow me to reach behind and wash the front of the hood (that eliminated GM's product), one with no added wind noise, and one that would not touch or rub on any of the hood paint. I tried a few others (Lund, Deflecta-shield), and ended up with the Driver Design. It uses metal brackets to attach the shield to the bottom of the hood. A few of the brackets touched the bottom of the hood at first , but I was able to re-adjust them with some washers. I've been very happy with it, and would buy another in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm using the Invinca ~ me be happy

·
Registered
347 Posts
I use the EGR brand. No wind noise at the windshield, unlike some other brands....

Later.....

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a Lund stainless steele one and it does a pretty good job ... Jim

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I went with the stampede brand. It sits higher than previous Lunds I own, no way for it to run either. Installation is a breeze and the price is great around 50. Anyhow it's downside, only so so for bugs and if you have loose weatherstripping from the factory it'll let you know.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a Lund Interceptor, I used the Lund Interceptor on 3 other trucks I had.
No problems. I purchased a clear one and had it painted on the inside to match my truck.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have the Lund Stainless, did a good job, but I didn't like the look and took it off. Still sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Go with a product like the Invinca...

Otherwise, you'll just be cleaning bugs off of the windshield AND the bug attractor, er deflector...

Ty

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gradyghost said:
To answer your question...go with the OEM from Gm because it will line up with the mounting holes and not rub or anything...IMHO>

Anyone have the part number for a 2004 Chevy?
I'd like to compare to the one I received.

FWIW, I ordered one from Eric & recieved
part # 12497075 which says it's for a
2001 Avalanche. The outter holes on
this one I have don't even come close to
fitting.

Thanks for any insight!

T.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Terry said:
Anyone have the part number for a 2004 Chevy?
I'd like to compare to the one I received.
FWIW, I ordered one from Eric & recieved
part # 12497075 which says it's for a
2001 Avalanche. The outter holes on
this one I have don't even come close to
fitting.

Nevermind guys - I think I've found
the correct part number. The
GM Accessory website shows that
I should have received #12498547.

thanks anyway,

T.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts