Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
22,043 Posts

·
Administrator
22,043 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply, I had a little time to jump on here earlier while at work. Haven't had much time since to get on and do some reading/research. I know the PMD is new and I asked him if he drove the truck after replacing it and he said yes, because I thought maybe he didn't know about the resistor already but he's pretty good with that stuff. He believes it's not getting adequate fuel pressure to stay running. We checked the lift pump and it's working just as it should be. I only had a few days to mess with it when I was there last and couldn't get it figured out in time. So next weekend I'm going up with my flatbed wrecker to tow it back down here to get it up and running.
A PMD can last 2 minutes or 20 years depending on the fuel system's health.. we always recommend that you carry extra "Known working" PMD's in the vehicle just for this type of issue.
The lift pump should produce 1/2 pint in 15 seconds. Apply a jumper wire to the lift pump relay and then open the T valve and let fuel flow into a container from the drain line.
If you don't see 1/2 pint in 15 seconds replace the lift pump.

·
Administrator
22,043 Posts
Sounds good I'll definitely give that a try once I get to the truck next weekend. I have a 10hr round trip ahead of me next weekend lol. Any thought on the wicked wheel upgrade with the stock turbo does it help it spool up faster or is it just a waste of money if you have any insight pertaining to them? Im really just planning on doing 4" exhaust, the quadstar intake plenum and just the wicked wheel upgrade if it's even worth doing. I don't need a race truck just want it to run and sound better
There are a few threads you can read on the wicked wheel by using the "Community Search" bar on the top of the page.
Depending on what you want to do with the truck you may want to install an HX40II Turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.