Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted a few days ago the truck was stalling and what not. finally went out today and bought a brand new pmd. Got that good GM feeling if you know what i mean.put it on the truck no longer stalls but know I'm throwing a DTC 35&36 what now. I know what the code means but why now I did not even get to put it in gear.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Clear the codes and see if they come back.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I always clear my code after doing any work on it cuz I may have done something that would give it a false reading. Try what chrisk said and let us know.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Did swap the resistor to?
that would really suck if he didn't swap the resistor. i'd have thought it would have come with one. bit o work to correct that but i'd also have thought, would it run without the resistor ??

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
It will run fine without the resistor till the computer figures it out after so many start, stop cycles. Sometimes the 35-36 code can be "fixed" with a new encoder.(optic sensor to you guys)

Usually 35-36 is the death code for the pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cleared the codes twice and it shill comes back,Ialso changed the resistor no the new one from GM did not come with one

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
When does it throw the codes? GM has a TSB regarding codes 35 and 36 being related to a PMD. How is the ground for the fuel solonoid?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts