Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
So I did a bunch of work on my 2002 2500 HD Duramax, including new rear shackles, shocks, brake lines, new rear hitch and new wiring harness connector (was working fine, but everything else was new!). Anyway all the trailer lights work except the running lights, I even probed the brown wire 6" or so above the connector and its dead up there. I inspected it all the way up until it disappears into the harness and it looks fine. The brake pin is showing the correct voltage in the correct spot and no other pin is coming on and off with the lights. I checked everything out and its all correct, I even hooked up 12v to the trailer harness where the brown wire is on the truck connector and the trailer lights work. so:
1. Based on the work I did does anyone know if I was close to the brown wire upstream somewhere I could have dinged it?
2. Does anyone know where the brown wire originates so I can check out the power source?
3. If all this fails does anyone know a good place to tap into to just make a new connection? Id rather so that than take apart the whole harness.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Reactions: IGO1320
1 - 3 of 3 Posts