Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I fill up I always fill it to the rim. These past two fill ups, I noticed some browning in the foaming fuel. Could this be rust? If so from where? Thanks. Nick

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Ever since I started using an additive, I get no foam. That is why I always question the correlation between additives and air?

Still does not answer your brown issue. I would change supplier and see if it still exist, if so maybe alage?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know this is very unlikely but you should check to make sure there is no "off road" diesel in there.----------------later------Phil

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I have noticed that brown foam everytime I fillup. DUnno what it is. Dont seem to hurt anything so I guess I will ignore it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Diesel is subject to foaming. It aerates real easy. If you corner me, I'd say it has do to with the vapor pressure of Diesel fuel. I need Frank to jump in here if he has anymore information. If I stumble across any information on the foaming of Diesel Fuel, I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Well guys, I can't tell you why it is brown but, the #2 Diesel we use for the Emergency Diesel Generators at work is pedigreed fuel and every tanker is lab testing for purity, TDS, additives, etc. and that stuff will do the same thing. Stains brown too.

George may be able to shed some light on this. I'm sure it is a chemistry thing.

I'm going to guess it is the asphaltines dissolved in the Diesel. Hey George! Help me out here!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Stuff down here in Florida foams, but it is a lime greenish foam. It is that way all the way up I95 and I77.

·
Registered
861 Posts
my foam is always a blueish green foam. no brown for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
different colors for different regions!!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yellowish brown here.

Must of been that Corona with "todays special" that gives it that special hue!

·
Registered
511 Posts
4,000 miles and only white foam for me! Still working on topping off the tank without getting fuel all over the side of the truck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts